Lower School Council
Each class in Lower School has a representative who joins our meetings each term. Stacey (Badgers Teacher) leads the sessions.
Our Lower School class reps are:
We meet each term to talk about a range of different topics, make choices and share our ideas and opinions. We start each session by discussing our aims for the session.
- Share ideas from each class
- Listen to one another
- Have our voice heard
- Develop our communication and social skills
Over the past academic year, we have made decisions on a range of topics and important events.
- Chosen the artwork for the Christmas performance brochure
- Chosen resources and equipment needed for each class and the Lower School
- Learnt about and practiced mindfulness to help promote and learn about wellbeing.
- Spoken about a range of different social action projects that school can support
- Learnt about our local community by visiting a shared space
Lower School Council are very busy and we enjoy our sessions together sharing our classes' ideas. It is very important that our voice is heard and we get the opportunity to make a change within our school community.
Here are some photos of the work that we have been doing :
Choosing where we will visit in our community
Choosing the artwork for the Christmas Nativity Programme
Upper School Council
The School Council on Upper School aims to champion and facilitate pupil voice and to empower our pupils to represent the views of the pupil body and contribute to decision making within the school. The School council is currently led by Beechwood’s class teacher, Gemma.
We meet on a half termly basis and representatives will bring the views of their peers to meetings and feed back to their classes following the discussion. So far this year we have been involved in naming the school mini buses, choosing outdoor musical equipment for the playground and sourcing a local café suitable for community visits.
Upper School Council Members